Thursday 14 July 2016

Jelly Roll Team Profiles - Phil Dalton

Phil Dalton - The Jelly Roll Factory

My day job is as a freelance business English teacher. However, I have carried a passion for music for most of my life. I started playing the blues harmonica when I was 14 and have played the guitar since 2000. I fell into Delta blues in my late teens and found myself listening to the haunting tones of Son House and Skip James. I was hooked!

 I have also experienced the hardships of playing; homelessness, poverty and frustation of not being able to go beyond your station. In South Africa, I ran an open house policy for musicians who passed through Jeffreys Bay, in the Eastern Cape. I also supported and represented some of these artists and was able to play with many exceptional people. On many occasions, I guested on my harp for Brent Kozak, a well-known, talented Knysna artist.

I studied French cuisine and spent many years in the hospitality industry, in both front and back shop positions. Later, whilst living in South Africa, I built and ran a small but successful construction and renovation business, with which I bought and sold properties, renovated and built properties.

Since moving to Germany, I have completed a Business Administration HNC/D with Edexcel in my spare time. I have also been playing music with friends and on the streets. I have written two books; a novel and a teaching aid.

I am a self-driven, intrinsically motivated person, who demands the best from myself and from others. I am passionate about this project and would gladly sit down with anyone who is interested in hearing about what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment